Bicycles are an excellent source of calories, and for good reason.
But when you’re eating a lot of ribs, it’s easy to overdo the protein.
This recipe calls for chicken breasts, pork ribs and a couple of beef rib tips, which all contribute protein to the equation.
You could also add a few mushrooms, which add extra flavor to the dish.
Here’s how to make the perfect BBQ ribs.
Chicken breast, sliced into ribbons 2.
Pork ribs, sliced in half 3.
Beef rib tips 4.
Mushrooms, sliced 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 inches tall 5.
Salt and pepper to taste The ribs are first marinated in a soy sauce-based sauce, then baked at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
While the ribs are baking, the rest of the ingredients come together.
1) Chicken breast 1/3 cup of finely chopped garlic, crushed 2 teaspoons minced ginger 2 teaspoons salt 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided 2 tablespoons of minced shallots, sliced and minced 2 teaspoons ground black pepper 2 tablespoons minced garlic, minced 1 tablespoon dried parsley, plus more for garnish 2 cups of rice, or a bowl of white rice 1.
Mix the soy sauce with the olive oil and the minced ginger and then stir in the shallots and garlic.
2) Add the rice to the pan and add the chopped garlic and salt.
Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3) Add in the minced shallot, black pepper and the cooked chicken, then mix well.
4) When the ribs start to brown, remove them from the pan.
5) Transfer the marinated ribs to a bowl and set aside.
The rice will keep for up to two days.
The meat will keep in the fridge for a couple days.
You can also marinate the ribs overnight in the refrigerator for up, three to four days, but the meat won’t keep for that long.
To make the sauce, add the soy oil and garlic mixture to a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture thickens.
While it’s cooking, make the mushrooms.
Remove the mushrooms from the pot and add them to a small bowl, then add the marinade, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Continue to cook for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Add the parsley and continue to cook until the parsly stems are lightly browned.
Add in half of the cooked rice and stir it into the sauce.
Cook until the rice is cooked through.
When the sauce has thickened, stir in half the cooked mushrooms and mix well, then return the sauce back to the heat.
Serve the ribs, with the sauce on the side.
Recipe Notes If you’re looking for a different type of barbecue sauce, try adding a few of the barbecue spices.
Try paprika, thyme, oregano, ginger, bay leaf and thyme.
Add some red pepper flakes for color.
Add more of the sauce if you like.